Thoughts after yesterdays 100 mile Cheshire Cat Sportive.
- The start was a bit of a nightmare, took far too long to get going. 40 mins queueing for us.
- The wind blew through the whole day, making life pretty tough and the front end energy sapping.
- The first 35 miles were really hard. Taking in four major climbs.
- I didn't get up Mow Cop. I was disappointed, however I have to keep reminding myself that I'm still only nine months into my new hobby and I will get up there in time.
- Thought the hill called "Winkle" was the 2nd hardest hill on the ride by a long way.
- There were some absolutely fantastic bikes on the course, real bikeporn to oggle at as you went round.
- People didn't really group in the first 50 miles, back 50 - as energy levels dropped - groups were forming. My club - North Cheshire Clarion - formed up a train and everyone jumped on it.
- Talking of which, we stood out as a club on the day. Club kits looked great and plenty of us!
- Food wise I got through five gels, 1 x snickers bar, 2 x bananas, 1 x apple pie, 4 x 500ml bottles of PSP and a bottle of Rego when I got back to the car. On reflection, I still had quite a bit left in my pockets at the end, so I won't take so much next time.
- I'd planned to do the 67 at the beginning of the day as I'd been struggling with a neck strain all week, at the 50M point I changed my mind and went for the 100. Glad I did!
Total distance for me including riding from the car park and stuff was 104 miles, ride time 7hrs 13mins, Avg speed 14.41 mph, 3175 feet of climbing, top speed 43 mph.