Sunday 17 January 2010

North Cheshire Clarion Club Ride


We made it out for our first club ride of 2010 today. Everyone has been keenly watching conditions to get out and stick some outdoor miles in the legs. We had ten on the ride today. Things didn't start brilliantly as the bike slipped from underneath me only about 50m from my door and I hit the deck, I wasn't hurt, I put it down to my new tyres and some black ice. On the ride up to our meeting point, I had another couple of scary moments with the bike feeling decidely slippery underneath me, so I slowed it down a bit. One of the more experienced riders advised me to take the pressure down on the tyres a bit and give ten or so miles for the tyre seam to wear off, that did the trick. On some of the B roads, it was still pretty slippery. We turned back on one B road and Andy then hit the deck, after that, we were sorted. It was great to be out, it didn't feel too cold (although I had four layers on so no surprise there) and there were loads of other cyclists out, all looking happy to be out and about again and off the turbo trainers. Today's route wasn't too hilly, we did around 2000 feet of ascent in total, with a nice little 2.5 mile ascent at the end, just to wake the legs up. If you're on mycycling log, you can see my rides under my username "roadphil." I'm aiming to try and get 1,000 miles in before the Cheshire Cat sportive at the end of March, so today's ride has helped me get back on track with my montly target. Total Ride distance 52.8Miles in 3hrs 37 mins. Avg. speed 14.5mph. Avg. Cadence = 89. Total Calories 3584.

1 comment:

  1. We were out around the back roads of Cheshire too. It felt great to be out.

    There was a few times when various members jumped off their bikes and pushed a bit; but thankfully nobody fell off this time.

    ReplyDelete