Saturday 31 October 2009

Training Update


Been out on the bike today for the first time in two weeks, following a heavy cold/chest infection. Really didn't know how it would go as I'm still not 100%. Nevertheless, I missed being in the saddle and seeing the weather was OK, threw on the Lycra and got out. Managed to do 30 miles in 2hrs; 5mins at an average speed of 14.4mph (which surprised me as I found it quite heavy going). 1,566 feet of climbing, average cadence 84, total calories 1997. So, better than I thought. On the +++ side, got some Bontrager wheels on e-Bay tonight, so looking forward to getting them on the bike (watch out everyone)! Off to World Track Championships tomorrow at the Manchester Velodrome as a guest of British Cycling, really looking forward to it and hoping to bump into a few cycling celebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment