Saturday 19 September 2009

New Personal Best (again).

Went out on my usual Saturday morning route today, it's around 30 miles. I'm sticking with this route as it's a great measure of seeing how I'm improving. I achieved an average speed of 16.2mph over the route today (new PB), which I'm pleased about. First half, I was finding it quite tough as it's mostly uphill. Averged 15.4mph for the first 15 miles. Coming back, you benefit from more downhills, so I managed to push on and get it up to 16.2mph for the whole ride. I was at 16.4mph with around a mile to go, however got caught up in the traffic light sequence which took my average down. Todays stats. Ride time 1hr 46mins, Heart rate avg. 156, max 211. 1856 calories, 29.3miles, average speed 16.2mph, fastest speed 30.6mph, average cadence 84, max cadence 118.

No comments:

Post a Comment