Saturday 19 September 2009

10 Foods to Boost Energy



As you get more into cycling, you start to uncover and identify foods which will help you when out on the road. Either pre-ride or during the ride. Here are some which I rely on. There are loads of supplements and energy bars you can eat too (which I use), however I find they can become a bit bland and sometimes hard to digest when out riding, so mix them with Jelly Babies, Nuts and a Snickers bar if you're out on a long one. So, things I like are: -
  1. Porridge (pre-ride).
  2. Bananas (pre and during). I tend to mash my bananas into my porridge.
  3. Pasta (night before).
  4. Peanuts (during).
  5. Jelly Babys (during for Carbs). Loads of Pro's use these.
  6. Peanut butter (pre on toast or during on bread).
  7. Snickers bar (during). Great boost of energy.
  8. Sushi (night before).
  9. Nuts of any kind (during), make sure they are natural and unsalted.
  10. Blueberries (bit like a superfood apparently).

No comments:

Post a Comment