Sunday 4 October 2009

North Cheshire Clarion



North Cheshire has a new bike club. North Cheshire Clarion has started up and today was their inaugral ride out. As a beginner to road cycling, I've been thinking about joining a club, however the clubs I've looked at so far look quite elitist and perhaps at step too far from my current level of fitness. NC Clarion are welcoming riders of all capabilities. Eight people turned out for todays ride, which given the weather conditions (wet roads, wind and promise of showers) was pretty good. The bunch today were all pretty experienced cyclists (with some getting back into it after long breaks), they were a good bunch who would wait for you if they got too far ahead. I found the pace OK for most of the ride, however in the last ten miles I found myself dropping back as the legs and my general fitness, started to tell me that I'm nowhere near the finished article yet. Stats for the ride were: - 46.4 miles, average speed 14.8mph (that was mine at the back of the group, other guys would be much faster than this if they didn't wait), max speed 28.4 mph, average cadence 86, ride time 3hrs 7 mins, calories burned 3213. All in all, an enjoyable few hours. If you want to know more you can visit their website here or follow them on Twitter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment