Sunday 1 February 2015

Jan 2015 Mileage



It's been a stinker of a month to start 2015.
Weather conditions here in the North West of England have been pretty poor with a combination of insane winds at the beginning of the month leading into snow and ice at the latter end.  

I don't know about you but I have one rule that I never break which is that I don't ride if the weather has been freezing overnight (below zero) due to risk of black ice or accident.  I've seen too many spills, falls and breaks so far to change my mind on that one. 

The one weekend showing any potential for being a decent riding weekend we were away on a trip to London so no hope to catch up a few miles then, hey ho. 

The miles I have managed have been a combination of two 45 mile outdoor rides and the rest indoors on the Wattbike, hence the much lower ascent figure and ride ascent ratio.  

So, January a bit of a write-off.  With February now open for business and four relatively free weekends of time ahead, let's hope weather conditions improve and some miles can be recovered.  I hope your account is positive, share your mileage in a comment and let's see whose opened up with a cracker.  

Best number I've seen so far is 900km in the UK Road Cyclists in Linkedin discussion group - nice going.  If you haven't already joined this group, you're welcome to join (1,365 members who are all into road cycling).

Safe miles.

Month  to Date

Mileage- 161miles/259km (-36% vs. PY)
Ride Time - 8hrs 42mins 
Ascent - 3,572ft (-19% vs. PY)
Avg. Speed - 18.4mph (+13 vs. PY)
Avg. HR - 141pm
Calories (estimate) - 5,703
Ride Ascent Ratio (Ascent/Miles) - 24.1 (Flat) (-19% vs. PY)

No comments:

Post a Comment