Sunday 2 December 2012

November Ride Stats

November was similar to October for me, you'd think I'd given up cycling!

A combination of a hugely busy schedule, outside work commitments, weather, a trip to Tenerife and an unplanned stay in hospital for my wife meant that I just simply didn't have the time in the saddle.  It's just one of those things when you're trying to keep so many plates spinning, it is what it is, so a MUMO moment (man up, move on).

I did have some down time and used that time in the gym, rather than in the saddle as it was an hour here or an hour there so not practical to get out, as it was mostly in the dark evenings.

One thing I do recall is coming back from one of my two (yes only two) rides earlier in the month with a heart rate of 140bpm and having only achieved 14mph average speed.  It felt like I'd been transported back to August 2009, having just got my first bike.  It was my first ride after the virus I'd suffered in October and my bodies way of saying that my fitness had dropped substantially.  Judging by the weight that seems to be creeping back on again, I'd better get some base miles done - sharpish!!

On the plus side of life, the team at Skoda Cycling have invited me to join their London to Paris 2013 team, which will give me a great incentive to get back on it.  You can read about my adventures on the 2012 event here.

For now, I'm concentrating on gym strength work and core conditioning, so mileage for December I'm not expecting to break any world records.  I've been missing the bike, that's for sure.  

With Christmas fast approaching, don't forget to take a look at my Xmas list for roadies if you want to point your partner to something nice for your leg warmers on the tree!


YTD mileage and ride intensity (miles = blue/intensity = pink)

Month to Date
Mileage- 83miles (yes you did read this right).
Ride Time - 5hrs 50mins
Climbing - 2,051 ft
Avg. Speed - 14.1 mph
Avg. HR - 143bpm
Avg. Cadence - 81rpm
Calories (estimate) -3,393
Ride Ascent Ratio (Ascent/Miles) -25

YTD
Mileage- 3,087 miles
Ride Time -206hrs 37mins
Climbing - 80,887 ft
Avg. Speed - 14.7 mph
Avg. HR - 140bpm
Avg. Cadence - 82rpm
Calories (estimate) 118,192
Ride Ascent Ratio (Ascent/Miles) -   26.3

No comments:

Post a Comment