Four hundred and fifty individual stories, one journey. That's how I describe the three day London to Paris event run by HotChillee. For the second year riding the event, I met some great people and had a huge craic in the large group of 80 riders in group four.
There were some great personalities, so in no particular order here are my 'Unofficial Group 4' rider awards.
- Most colour co-ordinated female (bike + clothing) - Lucy Russell. Absolutely everything was either red, white or black.
- Most colour co-ordinated male (bike + clothing) - Clark Povey. Rapha must of taken a fortune of you Clark!
- Most colour co-ordinated white outfit (bike + clothing) - Jonathan Durling of Skoda. Sabotaged his own Condor bike to get a top to toe white Campagnolo EPS test bike. White kit, arm warmers, leg warmers + matching bike - yowsa.
- Loudest cycling top - Toby! Pilots were wearing sunglasses!
- Most expressive dancer at the after party - Rob Spedding! Frustrated break dancer.
- Heart and Soul award - Lucy Scott. Epic! Grimaced through an attack of cramp and toughed it out, despite the pain.
- What wind? Award - Nici Butchart who managed to always be the right side of the cross-winds.
- I'm held together by sellotape award - Katherine Tonks who had her back almost covered in tape from the physiotherapy team and outstretched everybody - including the instructors - in the stretching clinic.
- I've got Rapha legs award - Richard from Future Publishing who had a perfectly straight pink plaster put up one of his achilles. A cheap but very effective way of impressing everyone, go buy the real stuff Richard!
- The Whatbike? award. Matt from Wattbike who punctured in the last mile of the run in and walked into Paris. Living those brand values Matt!