Saturday 2 February 2013

Jan 2013 Ride Stats

January was a month of two halves for me.  I blasted into the New Year determined to re-build my fitness.  By the end of the first week I'd completed three rides covering 143miles (230KM).  An encouraging start by my standards. 

Week two, saw two rides across the weekend, totalling 81 miles (130km), so things weren't looking too bad by this point.  I'd set myself the target of covering 300 miles for the month, two weeks in and I'd covered 234 miles (360km), could well be a 500 mile month if things carry on at this rate.

And they didn't.  The bad weather came and all my plans of a big January fitness re-build went to the wall.  My fitness is yo-yoing all over the place at the minute, it feels like one step forward and two back.  The weather was better today so I took the opportunity to get out for a few hours and it felt like my first ride in January, painful, slow and hard work.  The headwind didn't help.  Nevertheless, it was great to be back in the saddle and fingers crossed the conditions will improve.

This weekend, Jaguar are launching their new Sportbrake model and dealers across the country are doing cycling related things in their showrooms as they see road cyclists as a big target market for the car.  

One of the dealers, Royles in Wilmslow, have organised a ride out with former track supremo - Craig Maclean MBE - at 9am (details here).   I've registered to go along and do the ride, but judging by today's performance, I'll likely be in the support vehicle!  Still, nothing ventured.  Reckon I need to pull out my Onix RH Pro, rather than haul myself along on my winter hack.

Talking of which, Onix Bikes are hosting a ride out themselves later this month (details here).  I plan to go along to that too.  Track and road supremo - Rob Hayles - will be leading that one, so better get some miles in!

January Ride Stats


Month and Year to Date
Mileage- 143 miles
Ride Time - 16hrs 06mins
Climbing - 4,762ft
Avg. Speed - 14.6 mph
Avg. HR - 142bpm
Avg. Cadence ---rpm
Calories (estimate) -9,713
Ride Ascent Ratio (Ascent/Miles) -20.5 (Flat)

No comments:

Post a Comment