Sunday 30 September 2012

September Ride Stats

After a couple of quiet months, I've managed to pick my mileage back up during September to 356 miles (570k/m).  The miles I did also had more climbing in them.

On the graph below, the pink line indicates the intensity of the rides that I've done.  I've added the red dotted line to indicate a moving average of the ride ascent ratio, so as you can see I've been progressively putting more climbs in during the last three months.

As we move into the winter (I dusted my winter bike off yesterday), I'll be re-focusing on base miles and maintaining my aerobic engine, so the ascent ratio should start to drop off again.

With the time available I have to ride my bike, I'm happy with where the mileage is and the profile of the miles that I cover.  My purpose for riding is to stay fit, improve wherever possible and enjoy the scenery along the way, those boxes are definitely being ticked.

YTD Mileage (Blue) vs. Intensity (Pink)

Month to Date
Mileage- 356 miles
Ride Time - 23hrs 35mins
Climbing - 11,609 ft
Avg. Speed - 15.0 mph
Avg. HR - 141bpm
Avg. Cadence - 81rpm
Calories (estimate)16,386
Ride Ascent Ratio (Ascent/Miles) - 32.6

YTD
Mileage- 2,943 miles
Ride Time -196hrs 51mins
Climbing - 77,144 ft
Avg. Speed - 14.7 mph
Avg. HR - 139bpm
Avg. Cadence - 82rpm
Calories (estimate) 112,596
Ride Ascent Ratio (Ascent/Miles) -   26.3


No comments:

Post a Comment