Monday 27 August 2012

August Ride Stats

August is holiday month, so the bulk of my miles have been in the back half.  Of the 188 miles I've covered, 141 of them were in the last eight days!

One thing to note is the ride ascent ratio is the highest of the year, meaning that the miles I've covered have had lots of climbing within them, primarily due to the Brad Wiggins Sportive (write up here).  If you look at the chart below, you can see the pink line indicates the ride intensity of the miles I do, so August definitely was the highest (and hardest).



This month I also had the privilege to spend a short time with two young people riding from John O' Groats to Lands End.  Scott (15) and his brother Olly (13) were riding the 900 mile route in memory of their great Uncle who died of cancer, I joined them plus their dad and two other ride companions as they passed near Warrington - inspiring stuff!  More about them and their journey here.

Returning home from a fifty mile ride today, I definitely felt like the last eight days had helped ride me back into some sort of basic form to re-build on.  I've got a couple of good rides in September including my club Audax (details here) and a stage of the Deloitte Ride Across Britain from Haydock to Carlisle, so all being well things are back on track and I'll get some more climbing in the legs.


Month to Date
Mileage- 188 miles
Ride Time - 13hrs 35mins
Climbing - 9,133 ft
Avg. Speed - 13.9 mph
Avg. HR - 146bpm
Avg. Cadence - 77rpm
Calories (estimate) 8,200
Ride Ascent Ratio (Ascent/Miles) - 48.6

YTD
Mileage- 2,586 miles
Ride Time -173hrs 15mins
Climbing - 65,534 ft
Avg. Speed - 14.7 mph
Avg. HR - 139bpm
Avg. Cadence - 82rpm
Calories (estimate) 96,210
Ride Ascent Ratio (Ascent/Miles) -   25.3


No comments:

Post a Comment