Tuesday 5 June 2012

What a Weekend...

Zero miles for me on the bike this weekend, number of different challenges presented themselves including a blue light trip to A+E for my wife on Friday night followed by a couple of days in hospital.

Visiting her in hospital on Sunday, she said that the lady in the next bed had severe diarrhoea and vomiting and should be isolated (my wife is a nurse) due to the risk of infection of others.  Four hours later, I'd lost six pounds in body weight through vomiting and diarrhoea and could hardly stand - my wifes prediction was true.

After a difficult night, I'm feeling significantly better today, whatever it was has passed quickly.  Just suffering from tiredness.  Today has been about re-hydrating, putting some electrolytes back in and eating very plain food.

On the plus side, I've been surfing the web and have ordered a few bits in readiness for the London to Paris ride later this month.  Some new socks, pump mounting brackets for my bikes and some new water bottles for my Onix RH Pro bike which will be arriving next weekend, really looking forward to riding and reviewing it.  More about the bike below: -


No comments:

Post a Comment