Friday 7 May 2010

Dolan Ares


My new bike is here. Picked it up today and I'm really pleased with it. All the fretting over the colour was worth it. It looks stunning (picture doesn't really do it justice)!

It's a Dolan Ares, a new 2010 frame from Terry Dolan, frame builder to world champion cyclists, whose place is just up the road from me in Ormskirk. I've had the frame custom painted in white/black with a nice spec, which I've detailed below. It comes with hidden cabling and an aggressive race geometry, so it will take a bit of getting used vs. my Specialized Secteur Sport, but hey ho, I've got the bike so that I can grow into it. Can't wait to get out on it!


Full Carbon Frame/Fork
SRAM Red Groupset all Round (Compact)
Brake Blocks - SRAM Swissstops
Wheels (1) - Mavic Ksyrium SL Wheels
Wheels (2) - SRAM S60 Wheels (For best which are featured in the shot).
Bars - 3T Ergonova Pro Bars
Stem - 3T ARX Pro
Saddle - Selle Italia Gelle Flow
Seatpost - Carbon Dolan
Pedals - Look Keo Carbon
Tyres - Vittoria Rubino Pro
Cages - Alpina Carbon
Weight - 14 1bs with the Mavics on.

4 comments:

  1. Yes liking the look the spec, everything really. I have a basic Allez how long have you had your Sec' ? Your Dolan is a real aspiration and and an inspiration. One day....will be following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got the Specialized Secteur last August. it's a great starter bike, really comfortable and I'm keeping hold of that as my winter/training bike. Ever so fortunate to be able to own this lovely new bike, it's a completely different ride! Thanks for reading. Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks nice.

    You're a braver man than me going for a white saddle bars and tyres. Theres no way they'd stay white with me.

    I'm still saving for the somewhat cheaper option of his winter bike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking bike and also very interesting blog. One question though. Are you sure your bike weighs 6.4kg(ish) I also have a dolan ares in the team an post colours(52cm) with a Sram Force Groupo, lightweight wheelset (1500g) and finishing kit (190g Seatpost, 190g saddle, 127g stem, 250g Handle) and mine come in at 7.5kg. I can see where your saving al the extra weight.

    ReplyDelete